In this segment of the pageant, each delegate is judged individually. This personal one-on-one session will be held prior to the pageant. The judges will have approximately three to four minutes with the delegate. Each delegate will have an opportunity to tell the judges a bio about herself, and then the judges may ask the delegate questions in the time remaining.
Judging Criteria: Knowledge, Perception, Self-Expression, Spontaneity, and Personality. Also important are Use of Vocabulary, Voice, Appearance, and Grooming. Here are some things the judges will be thinking about:
- How well did the contestant answer the question in terms of content and knowledge?
- How quickly was the contestant able to think on her feet?
- How articulate and glib was she?
- How personable was she?
Judges will be scoring this event from a prime location, front and center, in the audience. Each judge will be supplied a judging form, pen, and light and will score the segment from their seats. As each scoring sheet is completed, it will be passed down to the Judges' Captain, who will work with the Auditor on inputting scores into a computer.
Judging Criteria: Confidence, Choice of Swimsuit, Poise, Posture and Execution of Movement. Here are some of the questions the judges will be thinking about during this segment of the competition:
- How well did the contestant model her swimsuit in terms of style and grace?
- Disregarding the contestant's size and proportions, how well did the contestant's swimsuit flatter her particular figure?
- How well did the contestant convey confidence with body type and choice of swimsuit?Activewear - Little Miss Contestants - 1/3 of Total Score
As in the Swimsuit competition, judges will be located in the same location in the audience and the same voting procedure will occur.
Judging Criteria: Choice of Evening Gown, Poise, Posture, Personality, Charm, Style, Charisma, Grace, Execution and Overall Appearance. Here are some of the questions the judges will be thinking about during the Evening Gown competition:
- How well did the contestant model her gown in terms of technique and elegance?
- Disregarding the contestant's size and proportions, how well did the contestant's gown flatter her particular figure?
- How well did the contestant convey confidence with body type and choice of gown?